VM very laggy

VirtualBox is a powerful x86 and AMD64/Intel64 virtualization product for enterprise as well as home use. Not only is VirtualBox an extremely feature rich, high performance product for enterprise customers, it is also the only professional solution that is freely available as Open Source Software under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2.
noxius
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

VM very laggy

Post by noxius »

Hi! I have installed win 10 (x64) On my Asustor 6302t with 8gb ram... Problem is, That win 10 is very laggy.. I have installed guest additions already.... I have reserved 4gb ram to Vm 128 mb video ... also tried all variations of virtualization options, but no luck...

Anyone an idea what to do...

Thanks
sksbir

Re: VM very laggy

Post by sksbir »

hi
windows 10 is too heavy for a NAS, and a VM in NAS is not intended to be used has desktop computer.

fedora server is running well background dedicated services on my AS5200T with 8Gb ram, but even here, I can notice that some tasks are far more faster on my laptop with fedora kde than on VM. eg: system updates.
noxius

Post by noxius »

Thanks for advice... since I need a windows ecosystem for tests (use only Mac) I thinking installing another windows ? Any advice ? Wind 8?

Thanks
sksbir

Post by sksbir »

noxius

Post by noxius »

Thanks, I know that, but I’m looking explicitly for a way to use it with nas and remotely... (when I’m on my way I can access my windows through Remote Desktop etc...)

I mean Asustor has a extra site on Their Homepage about virtualization and then it’s laggy as hell and can t by used in any way... I’m not expecting to do heavy stuff via vm but we can expect to use windows normally on vm...

I guess that’s more marketing then usability:/
sksbir

Post by sksbir »

your nas is equipped with dual-core Intel Celeron and physical disks ... you were hoping to get the performance of an i5 core and an ssd?

try to reserve 7Gb Ram for your VM

start vpn server on your nas, and a vpn client on your mobile device phone or laptop.
once connected, you can act on your local network just has if you are at home.

Return to “VirtualBox”